Power down from software
By compiling in APM to the kernel
If you have a modern ATX motherboard with APM power support compiled in, then "halt" will powerdown the system.
The Kernel compile options for APM under 2,2,x are found in "General Setup" "Advanced Power Management BIOS support".
After you have rebooted into the new kernel or loaded the
modules, then the
halt command or
shutdown now -h will result in the machine turning itself off.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 2Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 3Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 4Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time
- 5Linux Top 3: Tails 1.0, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 and Debian 7.5