Power down from software
By compiling in APM to the kernel
If you have a modern ATX motherboard with APM power support compiled in, then "halt" will powerdown the system.
The Kernel compile options for APM under 2,2,x are found in "General Setup" "Advanced Power Management BIOS support".
After you have rebooted into the new kernel or loaded the
modules, then the
halt command or
shutdown now -h will result in the machine turning itself off.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10