Power down from software
By compiling in APM to the kernel
If you have a modern ATX motherboard with APM power support compiled in, then "halt" will powerdown the system.
The Kernel compile options for APM under 2,2,x are found in "General Setup" "Advanced Power Management BIOS support".
After you have rebooted into the new kernel or loaded the
modules, then the
halt command or
shutdown now -h will result in the machine turning itself off.
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support