Get your disk back quicker after a crash or powerfail
fsck -y /dev/hda1
If Linux asks you to run fsck on a partition, and it is just a power failure or a repeated problem, then speed things up with the -y option.
fsck runs at the same speed, but you don't get prompted about fixing the problems, it just does it.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3