Remote Graphical Desktop With GDM and KDM
Graphical Remote Control
Enable=trueIf there's no Enable line, add it. Save the file, and restart the display manager so the change will take effect. You can also use the gdmsetup utility to configure gdm graphically, if you prefer.
On the client side, just type
Xnest -query remotemachine.com -geometry 1280x1024 :1
If you get a security error, try xhost remotemachine.com on your local machine (this adds the machine to the allowed list) and then the Xhost line again. If you get a "Server is already active for display" error, check that you remembered to put :1 on the end: Otherwise the server will default to :0, which conflicts with your existing desktop. You can also try :2 if there's a conflict with:1.
For a more complicated setup, something like VNC may be better, but this method is quick, easy, and does a good basic job.
Article courtesy of ServerWatch
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 4Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 5Linux 3.10 Improves Multi-tasking and SSD Caching