Extending Yum With Plugins
Managing Yum PluginsYum is the excellent package manager used on Red Hat, Fedora, and other related Linux distributions. Did you know you can extend its usefulness with plugins?
Yum is one of the most widely used package management tools, but many users don't know that Yum has a plugin system to extend its capabilities. Let's take a look at how to extend Yum to add some very useful features.
If you're using Fedora, Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL), CentOS, or a number of other RPM-based systems, you are probably very familiar with using Yum to install packages and update your system. It's very useful out of the box, so to speak, but it can be extended to add even more functionality.
- 1Linux Top 3: Network Security Toolkit, Untangle NG Firewall and IPFire
- 2Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 3Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 4Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 5Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support