Python Squeezes the Web - page 5
I hope I have given you a taste of how Python can be a very effective tool to parse information from the Internet. In this case, this simple program, written in 2 days with no prior knowledge of Python, has saved Memphis Scholastic Chess over 70 hours to date in the 3 months that it has been implemented. Python combines ease of use with the ability to run on multiple platforms and provides a rich library that makes the tasks that are simple in theory (downloading a web page, parsing an HTML file, showing a window on the screen, etc.) simple in practice. I strongly urge you to try out Python. Stay tuned for the next article, wherein I'll create a cross-platform GUI to run on top of our data parsing application!
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3