Python Squeezes the Web - page 5
I hope I have given you a taste of how Python can be a very effective tool to parse information from the Internet. In this case, this simple program, written in 2 days with no prior knowledge of Python, has saved Memphis Scholastic Chess over 70 hours to date in the 3 months that it has been implemented. Python combines ease of use with the ability to run on multiple platforms and provides a rich library that makes the tasks that are simple in theory (downloading a web page, parsing an HTML file, showing a window on the screen, etc.) simple in practice. I strongly urge you to try out Python. Stay tuned for the next article, wherein I'll create a cross-platform GUI to run on top of our data parsing application!
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alienware, KDE and Ubuntu 13.04
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 3GNOME 3.8 Debuts New Open Source Linux Desktop
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu Kaylin, Debian Wheezy and Linux Mint