Python Squeezes the Web - page 5
I hope I have given you a taste of how Python can be a very effective tool to parse information from the Internet. In this case, this simple program, written in 2 days with no prior knowledge of Python, has saved Memphis Scholastic Chess over 70 hours to date in the 3 months that it has been implemented. Python combines ease of use with the ability to run on multiple platforms and provides a rich library that makes the tasks that are simple in theory (downloading a web page, parsing an HTML file, showing a window on the screen, etc.) simple in practice. I strongly urge you to try out Python. Stay tuned for the next article, wherein I'll create a cross-platform GUI to run on top of our data parsing application!
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux 3.11, Kubuntu Goes Commercial