Apples and Oranges: A Linux DBMS Comparison - page 4
Introducing the Series
Downloading mSQL is not as uncomplicated as downloading PostgreSQL or MySQL, but then, the distribution is much smaller, too. Start out from Hughes Technologies Web page and look for further instructions. To download mSQL, one needs to first register with the site and go through a CGI-based downloading system which allows choice between a couple of mirrors if necessary. Building and installing mSQL is a matter of the following steps:
- Untar it and change into the source directory tree:
tar -xvzf msql-2.0.11.tar.gz cd msql-2.0.11
- Generate the target definitions:
- Change into the target directory for your platform:
- Configure the package:
- Edit site.mm; I only changed the installation path into /opt/msql.
- Build it:
- Install it as root:
After building and installing mSQL, you'll need to configure it:
- As root, create the msql user:
useradd -c "mSQL Administrator" -d /opt/msql -g users msql
- As root, give the tree to the msql user:
chown -R msql.users /opt/msql
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic