Using Apache with Suexec on Linux - page 8
Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
If you need to build Apache from source in order to add or change
% cd ./apache-1.3 % env CC=gcc CFLAGS="-O2 -Wall" \ > ./configure --enable-shared=max --enable-module=most \ > --with-layout=Apache --prefix=/usr/local/web/apache \ > --with-port=80 \ > --enable-suexec \ > --suexec-caller=nobody \ > --suexec-docroot=/usr/local/web \ > --suexec-umask=022 Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.12-dev + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout) + Warning: You have enabled the suEXEC feature. Be aware that you need + root privileges to complete the final installation step. Creating Makefile Creating Configuration.apaci in src [more configuration output] % make [lots of compilation output] % make install [lots more output describing file placement] % /usr/local/web/apache/bin/apachectl start
% /usr/local/web/apache/bin/httpd -l Compiled-in modules: http_core.c mod_so.c suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/local/web/apache/bin/suexec
It's far beyond the scope of this article to give any more information about building Apache. If you'd like to see an article in this column about the details of building Apache, let me know.
- Skip Ahead
- 1. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
- 2. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
- 3. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
- 4. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
- 5. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
- 6. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
- 7. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
- 8. Executing CGI Scripts as Other Users
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic