Conducting Virtual Meetings With Linux, Part II - page 5
Setting Up Your Audio Streaming System With Integrated Chat
Getting the hardware and software up and running was a big part of the job. Once everything was running, poof, I was then a radio station producer! You should work out your meeting logistics to take full advantage of the technology.
The Melbourne LUG typically has the host presiding over the meeting on a laptop (streaming the audio) and an assistant running the Xchat session on a separate machine. They run the servers on another machine. Ah, the wonders of networking. As you may have guessed, it's tough to conduct the meeting, field member's questions and respond to chat participants all at once, but I have seen one person do it before. Just do a little planning before the "show" and then have fun with it.
See how easy this technology can be for putting on virtual meetings! You should easily be able to apply it to conducting on-line seminars, doing distance learning classes and hosting internet radio shows for your organization or business. Let me know how the technology works out for you.
Rob Reilly is an independent consultant who works, writes and speaks about Linux, business integration, innovation and automotive design. He has 16 years experience in Information Technology, Manufacturing and the Utilities industries. He is especially enthusiastic about the progress of Linux and the Open Source movement in the business world.
- Skip Ahead
- 1. Setting Up Your Audio Streaming System With Integrated Chat
- 2. Setting Up Your Audio Streaming System With Integrated Chat
- 3. Setting Up Your Audio Streaming System With Integrated Chat
- 4. Setting Up Your Audio Streaming System With Integrated Chat
- 5. Setting Up Your Audio Streaming System With Integrated Chat
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic