Web Marketing Your Business With Linux, Part 2 - page 4
Your company web site doesn't have to be the latest whiz-bang technology or horrendously expensive to be effective, especially using Linux. With Linux you can edit your files on your desktop, send them to a Linux (Apache) based server and monitor visitor activity using built in logging functions. Even in a mixed environment, you could do your editing on your Linux desktop and transfer the files to an ISP/Hosting service, without difficulty.
Rob Reilly is a Technology Writer and Speaker, whose articles appear on LinuxPlanet.com and in PC Update Magazine. He's particularly interested in stories about Linux on the Desktop/Laptop, recycling with Linux and portable computing. He's currently developing seminars on OpenOffice.org Impress, Road Warrior techniques and business web basics. Send him a note or visit his web site at http://home.earthlink.net/~robreilly.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.7, BackBox Linux 4.3 and RoboLinux 8.1
- 2Linux Top 3: SLES 11 SP4, Chromixium OS 1.5 and Canonical Licensing
- 3Linux Top 3: VirtualBox 5, Point Linux 3.0 and OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 4.2 rc1, 4MLinux 13 and antiX15
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Rafaela, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 and VectorLinux 7.1