Web Marketing Your Business With Linux, Part 2 - page 4
Your company web site doesn't have to be the latest whiz-bang technology or horrendously expensive to be effective, especially using Linux. With Linux you can edit your files on your desktop, send them to a Linux (Apache) based server and monitor visitor activity using built in logging functions. Even in a mixed environment, you could do your editing on your Linux desktop and transfer the files to an ISP/Hosting service, without difficulty.
Rob Reilly is a Technology Writer and Speaker, whose articles appear on LinuxPlanet.com and in PC Update Magazine. He's particularly interested in stories about Linux on the Desktop/Laptop, recycling with Linux and portable computing. He's currently developing seminars on OpenOffice.org Impress, Road Warrior techniques and business web basics. Send him a note or visit his web site at http://home.earthlink.net/~robreilly.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3