My First Linux Server, Part 1 - page 5
Easy Linux, Easy
There is no user interaction for these CDs--just insert the next CD and go do something more productive than watching software copying. After all of the applications load, the installer program takes you through a few easy configuration screens. Finally, the system reboots and brings up the boot selection screen. If you selected Linux to be the default OS; the new login screen automatically appears.
Congratulations, Linux is live! Take some time to get familiar with the new look and layout of a Linux system. Explore the configuration tools, and surf the Linux sites. The adventure begins.
In the second article in this series next week, we will configure the PC to perform as simple file server suitable for home office and small business networks.
For more detailed information and deeper documentation go to the source:
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative