My First Linux Server, Part 1 - page 5
Easy Linux, Easy
There is no user interaction for these CDs--just insert the next CD and go do something more productive than watching software copying. After all of the applications load, the installer program takes you through a few easy configuration screens. Finally, the system reboots and brings up the boot selection screen. If you selected Linux to be the default OS; the new login screen automatically appears.
Congratulations, Linux is live! Take some time to get familiar with the new look and layout of a Linux system. Explore the configuration tools, and surf the Linux sites. The adventure begins.
In the second article in this series next week, we will configure the PC to perform as simple file server suitable for home office and small business networks.
For more detailed information and deeper documentation go to the source:
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3