Using Impress-ive Charts In OpenOffice.org - page 3
Remember That Job With A Process
Inserting your newly created chart into your Impress slide couldn't be easier. Let's first create a quick Impress slide show, so we can put the chart somewhere. Here are the steps:
- On the OpenOffice.org main menu, click File, then New and finally Presentation.
- On the Autopilot Presentation #1 screen, choose empty presentation and click the Next button.
- On the #2 screen, just click Next.
- On screen #3, click Create.
- Finally, on the Modify Slide window, select the blank slide and click Next.
All of this work has brought us to our first slide. Now, we'll finally place the chart on the slide. It hasn't been that hard, just a lot of steps.
- Click on the Window button on the top OpenOffice.org menu bar and go back to your Calc spreadsheet.
- Highlight the chart with a left click.
- Copy the chart (not the data) using the right mouse button menu.
- Flip back to your presentation slide (under the Window menu button) and paste the chart, using the right mouse button menu.
And, there it is... in all it's chartfual glory. That wasn't so bad, was it? Of course, it wasn't.
There is another way to create charts in Impress. I wanted to make sure to talk about using Calc first, because most people will be pulling their data from an existing spreadsheet.
If you have a small amount of data that isn't in Calc or some other spreadsheet, simply use Insert followed by the Chart button under the main Impress menu. That will insert a model chart into your slide. After that, you can right mouse click to get to the values and make your adjustments.
This option can be pretty convenient, because when you select the Chart Data bar on the menu (right mouse click while hovering over the chart) you'll get a nifty little table of values that you can change. Use the little spreadsheet to edit the data values.
Sponsored by BlackBerry
BlackBerry® Enterprise Server Express enables businesses of any size to quickly and easily get started with the BlackBerry solution. It provides advanced BlackBerry smartphone features with no additional software or user license fees, and works with any Internet-enabled BlackBerry data plan or a BlackBerry enterprise data plan. Download now!