Building Attractive Web Photo Galleries - page 3
Good News and Bad NewsThis example page contains links to multiple albums. The easiest way to manage multiple albums is to have a master directory containing subdirectories of images, one subdirectory per album, like this:
$ tree -d -L 1 albums
The default theme is rather plain, as this shows. I prefer plain, but Album comes with a bale of different themes for those who want to jazz things up a bit. The themes are stored in /usr/share/album/themes or thereabouts. Copy the folder containing the theme you want to the same directory level as your main albums folder, like this:
Then use the -theme and -theme_path options to apply the theme:
$ album -theme W_Peterman -theme_path=W_Peterman albums
Then, when you upload to your Web site, be sure to maintain the exact same directory structure.
When you preview your cool Web photo album on your computer before uploading, some of the links won't work. Don't worry about it, they'll sort themselves out after uploading.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3