Building Attractive Web Photo Galleries - page 3
Good News and Bad NewsThis example page contains links to multiple albums. The easiest way to manage multiple albums is to have a master directory containing subdirectories of images, one subdirectory per album, like this:
$ tree -d -L 1 albums
The default theme is rather plain, as this shows. I prefer plain, but Album comes with a bale of different themes for those who want to jazz things up a bit. The themes are stored in /usr/share/album/themes or thereabouts. Copy the folder containing the theme you want to the same directory level as your main albums folder, like this:
Then use the -theme and -theme_path options to apply the theme:
$ album -theme W_Peterman -theme_path=W_Peterman albums
Then, when you upload to your Web site, be sure to maintain the exact same directory structure.
When you preview your cool Web photo album on your computer before uploading, some of the links won't work. Don't worry about it, they'll sort themselves out after uploading.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative