Building Attractive Web Photo Galleries - page 3
Good News and Bad NewsThis example page contains links to multiple albums. The easiest way to manage multiple albums is to have a master directory containing subdirectories of images, one subdirectory per album, like this:
$ tree -d -L 1 albums
The default theme is rather plain, as this shows. I prefer plain, but Album comes with a bale of different themes for those who want to jazz things up a bit. The themes are stored in /usr/share/album/themes or thereabouts. Copy the folder containing the theme you want to the same directory level as your main albums folder, like this:
Then use the -theme and -theme_path options to apply the theme:
$ album -theme W_Peterman -theme_path=W_Peterman albums
Then, when you upload to your Web site, be sure to maintain the exact same directory structure.
When you preview your cool Web photo album on your computer before uploading, some of the links won't work. Don't worry about it, they'll sort themselves out after uploading.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.7, BackBox Linux 4.3 and RoboLinux 8.1
- 2Linux Top 3: SLES 11 SP4, Chromixium OS 1.5 and Canonical Licensing
- 3Linux Top 3: VirtualBox 5, Point Linux 3.0 and OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 4.2 rc1, 4MLinux 13 and antiX15
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Rafaela, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 and VectorLinux 7.1