Synchronizing your Linux Laptop and Desktop - page 3
Transferring Single Objects
The examples and advice above are simplified for home use. Both OpenSSH and rsync are capable of much more advanced tasks. There are also different techniques and approaches for the processes outlined in our examples. The first and best place to look for more information on these programs is their respective manual pages. If you're looking for more examples than the ones here and in the man pages, a Google search for the exact switches and options you want to use will turn up more information.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 4Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 5Linux 3.10 Improves Multi-tasking and SSD Caching