Synchronizing your Linux Laptop and Desktop - page 3
Transferring Single Objects
The examples and advice above are simplified for home use. Both OpenSSH and rsync are capable of much more advanced tasks. There are also different techniques and approaches for the processes outlined in our examples. The first and best place to look for more information on these programs is their respective manual pages. If you're looking for more examples than the ones here and in the man pages, a Google search for the exact switches and options you want to use will turn up more information.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.7, BackBox Linux 4.3 and RoboLinux 8.1
- 2Linux Top 3: SLES 11 SP4, Chromixium OS 1.5 and Canonical Licensing
- 3Linux Top 3: VirtualBox 5, Point Linux 3.0 and OpenSUSE Leap 42.x
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 4.2 rc1, 4MLinux 13 and antiX15
- 5Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Rafaela, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.2 and VectorLinux 7.1