Use Fedora Directory Server For Manageable LDAP (Part 2) - page 3
Prerequisites and Java Madness
There are a number of ways to create a new directory: start from scratch, import an existing database from an LDIF file, or enter new users one by one using the form at the "Directory Server Gateway" page. Next time we'll learn more about setting up the actual user database. Meanwhile, do feel free to study the hundreds of pages of documentation listed in Resources and play around with your new Fedora Directory console.
- Installation Guide
- Administrator's Guide
- Building an LDAP Server on Linux, Part 1
- Building an LDAP Server on Linux, Part 2
This article originally appeared on Enterprise Networking Planet, a JupiterWeb site.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alienware, KDE and Ubuntu 13.04
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 3GNOME 3.8 Debuts New Open Source Linux Desktop
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu Kaylin, Debian Wheezy and Linux Mint