Point-and-Click Linux LVM Filesystem Workstation Backup, Part 2 - page 2
dar Backup Script and Icon Setup
In case something drastically goes wrong (e.g., with your original filesystem or a backup program crashing), this script unmounts everything and dumps you to a console root prompt, from which you can shut down by entering:
You can download this script here.
Set up the icon as shown in the previous section, using these values:
sudo sh /cdrom/S90knoppix-halt
Copy the file to /home/username/knoppix-mod.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10