Point-and-Click Linux LVM Filesystem Workstation Backup, Part 2 - page 2
dar Backup Script and Icon Setup
In case something drastically goes wrong (e.g., with your original filesystem or a backup program crashing), this script unmounts everything and dumps you to a console root prompt, from which you can shut down by entering:
You can download this script here.
Set up the icon as shown in the previous section, using these values:
sudo sh /cdrom/S90knoppix-halt
Copy the file to /home/username/knoppix-mod.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 2Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 3Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 4Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 5Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time