Boost Reliability with Ethernet Bonding and Linux - page 4
Recycling the Ethernet
To load the module with the options you want at boot, edit
/etc/modprobe.d/arch/i386 and add these lines. Ignore any documentation that tells you to use a different file because that is wrong:
alias bond0 bonding options bond0 mode=balance-alb miimon=100
Then enshrine your settings in
/etc/network/interfaces, using your own addresses of course:
auto bond0 iface bond0 inet static address 192.168.1.101 netmask 255.255.255.0 network 192.168.1.0 broadcast 192.168.1.255 gateway 192.168.1.50 up /sbin/ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1 down ifenslave -d bond0 eth0 eth1
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10