Better Linux Sound Management With ALSA - page 3
Webcams Win, Author LosesWhat if you have two sound devices? In alsamixer, hit F1. This displays basic commands. F2 displays various /proc/asound outputs related to sound all in one screen. Figure 3 shows I have two sound devices, 0 and 1. F1 takes you back to the menu, and the Return key closes it. To configure the second sound device, close alsamixer by hitting the Escape key, then reopen it like this:
$ alsamixer -c 1
-c means card number. A quick way to test your sound is with aplay:
$ aplay -d plug:dmix yoursoundfile.wav
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.11, Kubuntu Goes Commercial
- 5Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x