Creating a Contacts Database in OpenOffice - page 2
Managing ContactsYou need special drivers to connect to a MySQL or PostgreSQL database, or any other external database. In Debian (and the *buntu family and Mepis and all of its many offspring) you need the unixodbc package for ODBC support, plus the driver specific to your database:
- odbc-postgresql for PostgreSQL
- libmyodbc for MySQL
- libsqliteodbc for sqlite
- mdbtools for MS Access
- tdsodbc for Sybase SQL and MS SQL
You can also use the JDBC drivers:
- libpg-java for PostgreSQL
- libmysql-java for MySQL
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10