Creating a Contacts Database in OpenOffice - page 3
Managing ContactsCreating a new contacts database from scratch isn't bad at all- as usual, the tedious part is the data entry. "Open File - New Database - Create a new database- Register the database for me and open the database for editing". Base has a pretty good wizard; click on the Tables icon and then select Use Wizard to Create Table. This contains a batch of templates for all different types of databases, including Contacts, like in Figure 3. Note that there are up/down arrows for putting your fields in the order you want.
Anytime you want to do a clean do-over, go into Tools - Options - OpenOffice.org Base - Databases to delete any databases you want to get rid of. You can't just delete them via the usual means, like from a file manager or using the rm command, because databases are registered with Base. So when you remove one it must be un-registered.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative