Photo Editing For Real People With Fotox - page 2
Panorama, HDR, and DocumentationWhile the interface is easy to figure out, it has the occasional quirk. To open a new directory of photos, first open a single image, then hit the thumbnail button. If you close the window with the single image you also close Fotox, but you can close the thumbnail window without closing Fotox. You can't navigate through images in the single image window, or do any operations on single images when the thumbnail window is open.
All editing options are under the Edit Image menu. The Tune tool has rows of sliders for adjusting various values, such as whiteness (saturation), brightness, and red, green, blue values. Fotox automatically selects similar areas of brightness and whiteness for the sliders to operate on. You can also select areas with the mouse. This only draws straight lines, so it's a bit limited, but you can soften the borders by adjust the blend width. Undo and Redo go one step at a time, and Reset or Cancel discards all changes.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Knoppix 7.3, Slacko Puppy 5.7 and PC-BSD 10.0.1