Record Your Desktop With recordMyDesktop, Part 2 - page 4
Recording From a MicrophoneSome problems with the audio capture device cause recordMyDesktop to hang during the encoding phase, and I've had to use SIGKILL to un-hang it because lesser measures don't work. First find the process number, then kill the poor thing:
$ ps ax | grep recordmydesktop
7231 ? Sl 0:02 recordmydesktop -o /home/carla/temp/fubble.ogg -fps 15 -x 371 -y 82 -width 1309 -height 921 -channels 2 -freq 44100 -device hw:0,1 -v_quality 63 -s_quality 10 -workdir /tmp --overwrite
$ kill -9 7231
# ln -s /usr/lib/libjack.so.0 /usr/lib/libjack.so
For some crashes it will create a crash log in your home directory, such as gtk-recordMyDesktop-crash.log.
Please visit the forums on SourceForge to give and receive help. Remember that the author of recordMyDesktop, John Varouhakis, is unavailable to maintain it for the rest of the year, so here is an opportunity for ace coders looking for something cool to do.
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader