Record Your Desktop With recordMyDesktop, Part 2 - page 4
Recording From a MicrophoneSome problems with the audio capture device cause recordMyDesktop to hang during the encoding phase, and I've had to use SIGKILL to un-hang it because lesser measures don't work. First find the process number, then kill the poor thing:
$ ps ax | grep recordmydesktop
7231 ? Sl 0:02 recordmydesktop -o /home/carla/temp/fubble.ogg -fps 15 -x 371 -y 82 -width 1309 -height 921 -channels 2 -freq 44100 -device hw:0,1 -v_quality 63 -s_quality 10 -workdir /tmp --overwrite
$ kill -9 7231
# ln -s /usr/lib/libjack.so.0 /usr/lib/libjack.so
For some crashes it will create a crash log in your home directory, such as gtk-recordMyDesktop-crash.log.
Please visit the forums on SourceForge to give and receive help. Remember that the author of recordMyDesktop, John Varouhakis, is unavailable to maintain it for the rest of the year, so here is an opportunity for ace coders looking for something cool to do.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10