Bacula: Robust, Reliable Enterprise Backup and Recovery, part 1 - page 3
It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
Start mysql and change to the bacula install directory. There, you will see scripts for creating and manipulating the Bacula database. The scripts you will need to run are:
./make_mysql_tables. These scripts will grant privileges for the ´┐Żbacula' user in MySQL and create the bacula database and tables. You may also need to edit /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig if your mysql libraries are anywhere other than /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.
Finally, Run Bacula
./bacula/startand interface with the program via bconsole.
Next time, we'll deal with auto-starting the daemons, configuring an autochanger, configuring spooling (and why you should), define what volumes, pools and labels are in Bacula, run-before and after job directives, and the point of the whole shebang, restoring files from Bacula.
Article courtesy of Enterprise Networking Planet
- Skip Ahead
- 1. It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
- 2. It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
- 3. It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: Alienware, KDE and Ubuntu 13.04
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux Mint Olivia, Fedora 19's Cat and Ubuntu's Mission Accomplished Moment
- 3GNOME 3.8 Debuts New Open Source Linux Desktop
- 4Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu Kaylin, Debian Wheezy and Linux Mint