Bacula: Robust, Reliable Enterprise Backup and Recovery, part 1 - page 3
It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
Start mysql and change to the bacula install directory. There, you will see scripts for creating and manipulating the Bacula database. The scripts you will need to run are:
./make_mysql_tables. These scripts will grant privileges for the ´┐Żbacula' user in MySQL and create the bacula database and tables. You may also need to edit /etc/ld.so.conf and run /sbin/ldconfig if your mysql libraries are anywhere other than /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib.
Finally, Run Bacula
./bacula/startand interface with the program via bconsole.
Next time, we'll deal with auto-starting the daemons, configuring an autochanger, configuring spooling (and why you should), define what volumes, pools and labels are in Bacula, run-before and after job directives, and the point of the whole shebang, restoring files from Bacula.
Article courtesy of Enterprise Networking Planet
- Skip Ahead
- 1. It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
- 2. It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
- 3. It comes by night and sucks the vital essence from your computers
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader