Controlling Linux Remotely With X11 - page 5
X Windows maybe an old system, but it has some amazing and flexible features. In particular, its networking abilities are often breathtaking, particularly on fast networks that can handle the graphics it uses. By adding ssh, secure use over wide area networks becomes possible. By using a compressor like dxpc it is possible to use it over links with less bandwidth. Just remember: X11 is not really a system for graphics! They are just a part of a complete system for allowing use of distributed programs.
Solid state disks (SSDs) made a splash in consumer technology, and now the technology has its eyes on the enterprise storage market. Download this eBook to see what SSDs can do for your infrastructure and review the pros and cons of this potentially game-changing storage technology.
- 1Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 2Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 3Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 4Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time
- 5Linux Top 3: Tails 1.0, OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 and Debian 7.5