The Unix Shell - Part II - page 3
Introduction,Standard Input and Output.Summary
This article has illustrated some of the powerful features a Unix shell has to offer. Redirecting output of commands for later use or filtering data with pipes are just two of the many tasks readily accomplished in the Unix environment. These same taks require significantly more effort in any operating system with a less powerful command line. The shell also provides facilities for looping and conditional execution (if statements). For more about the Unix shell and associated tools, read the main page for your favourite shell, or pick up a copy of O'Reilly's "Unix in a NutShell".
- 1Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 2Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 3Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 4Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader
- 5Linux Top 3: KaOS 2016.04, TurnKey 14.1 and pfSense 2.3