New desktop, new puppy and new security
News Section Index
As expected the Linux 3.20 kernel has been renamed
Linus Torvalds has asked for the community's view on Linux numbering and the numbers are clear.
Lockless page counter in Linux 3.19 offers the promise of significant performs gains
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
More Pi for you
Lots of development activity for big Linux community distribution releases
Debian based distros update
2015 starts off with a series of Linux distribution evolutions
There will be no major milestone Enterprise Linux distributions in 2015, but there will be a whole lot of enterprise and community updates.
Linux kernel development keeps up the pace in 2014.
Next generation of Linux set to emerge in 2015
Merge window for first Linux kernel of 2015 shows some interesting new features on the way, including very limited support for Microsoft's Surface technology
The last Linux kernel of 2014 is now out
Time to freshen up with Linux Mint 17.1
It pays to help others out.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Knoppix 7.3, Slacko Puppy 5.7 and PC-BSD 10.0.1