Debian based distros update
News Section Index
2015 starts off with a series of Linux distribution evolutions
There will be no major milestone Enterprise Linux distributions in 2015, but there will be a whole lot of enterprise and community updates.
Linux kernel development keeps up the pace in 2014.
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
Next generation of Linux set to emerge in 2015
Merge window for first Linux kernel of 2015 shows some interesting new features on the way, including very limited support for Microsoft's Surface technology
The last Linux kernel of 2014 is now out
Time to freshen up with Linux Mint 17.1
It pays to help others out.
Lots of new releases on the way.
Another busy week on the Linux Planet
Popular community distros move forward.
First new number change for SUSE's flagship Linux since 2009
After 10 years, Ubuntu is still going strong.
Security, networking and minimal Linux distros advance
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates