Bitkeeper, feature based releases and ghosts of Linux kernel past
News Section Index
Not far now for Debian 8
Another eventful week, highlighted by the release of GNOME
Networking focused distros get an update.
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
Diversity of different types of Linux distributions continues to be a source of strength
First milestone update for RHEL 7.x adds two new editions to the RHEL product family
New desktop, new puppy and new security
As expected the Linux 3.20 kernel has been renamed
Linus Torvalds has asked for the community's view on Linux numbering and the numbers are clear.
Lockless page counter in Linux 3.19 offers the promise of significant performs gains
More Pi for you
Lots of development activity for big Linux community distribution releases
Debian based distros update
2015 starts off with a series of Linux distribution evolutions
There will be no major milestone Enterprise Linux distributions in 2015, but there will be a whole lot of enterprise and community updates.
- 1Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 2Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 3Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
- 4Linux Top 3: Fedora, Ubuntu and Gluster Lose Community Leaders
- 5Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 Finally Hits the Big Time