Another eventful week on the Linux Planet
News Section Index
New Linux desktop adds new polish, features and apps.
Does proprietary firmware hurt Linux?
Small distros get updated
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
We can all get along in Open-Source (sometimes)
Init is dead, long live it's one true successor : systemd
updates, updates and more updates
Linux 3.14, PiCore 5.1 and Mageia 4
Giving back isn't just about code.
NFC gets baked into Linux.
Cats and dogs living together and a nuclear option for Linux security.
A trio of community Linux initiatives efforts advance their efforts
Consumer Linux efforts are alive and growing in 2013
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linux 3.10 Goes Long, Linux 3.11 Advances as LXDE Merges
- 3Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 4Why Linux is Super (Computing)
- 5Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic