After three years, RHEL 7 is now GA, but that doesn't mean RHEL users failed to benefit from features updates for RHEL 6.
News Section Index
Laptop suspend/resume gets a 12x speed boost
Linux development could accelerate under new plan
Bergeron, Bacon and Walker transition away from the open-source communities they help to lead.
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
Red Hat finds itself in a media battle over OpenStack support
More then ever before, Linux is the cloud
DEK: Linux old and Linux New
Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative
Linux runs on SPARC?
It's a container world now
A tough week for security professionals on the Linux Planet
Another eventful week on the Linux Planet
New Linux desktop adds new polish, features and apps.
Does proprietary firmware hurt Linux?
Small distros get updated
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: RHEL 6.5, Debian 7.2 and EOL for Linux 3.0.x
- 5Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10