Happy Birthday to the World's favorite, supercomputer, server, mobile and (maybe) desktop operating system
News Section Index
First Linux 3.17 release is now out, though don't expect much kernel work to get done this week as many key developers will be in Chicago.
Should Jesse default to GNOME or Xfce?
Samsung gets some love in the fourth major Linux kernel update of 2014
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
Cloud, enterprise and security Linux distributions all get updates
The first Linux distribution hits a major milestone.
B+ isn't such a bad grade after all
Deepin debuts new take on the Linux Desktop environment.
Is Managed Linux the future ?
Debian squeezes more life out of its 'oldstable' branch
After three years, RHEL 7 is now GA, but that doesn't mean RHEL users failed to benefit from features updates for RHEL 6.
Laptop suspend/resume gets a 12x speed boost
Linux development could accelerate under new plan
Bergeron, Bacon and Walker transition away from the open-source communities they help to lead.
Red Hat finds itself in a media battle over OpenStack support
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative