Don't have a cow, Secure Boot and Linux laptops arrive.
News Section Index
A week full of flavorful Linux distribution releases.
The future of udev in systemd is in doubt
From small systems to the biggest on the planet
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
It's done, when it's done.
After almost two years in the market, Red Hat Enterprise Linux 6 gets a key security certification.
Ubuntu Linux 12.10 Rolls out as 13.04 Development Rolls In
Stop gap solution for Secure Boot debuts from the Linux Foundation. By: Sean Michael Kerner
It's no longer just an x86 world anymore.
This week's Linux Top 3 strikes right at the core of Linux with a kernel update, a new release of the world's first Linux distro and a milestone update of Red Hat MRG.
New Manager for SUSE, New Management for openSUSE
Next generation of pivotal open source technologies continues to push forward with new milestone releases.
The saying, 'good things come to those who wait' is a good one for this weeks Linux Planet news roundup.
LinuxCon provided a number of highlights, but sitting at the top of the list has to be the panel session with Linus Torvalds.
It has been another busy week on the LinuxPlanet, with big kernel news last week as the momentum and excitement now builds in the lead up to this week's big LinuxCon event.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Dumps SPARC, Ubuntu Takes Over Linux 3.13 and the Core Infrastructure Initiative