It pays to help others out.
News Section Index
Lots of new releases on the way.
Another busy week on the Linux Planet
Popular community distros move forward.
A Developer.com eBook
Discover how to start developing for the Android platform with this extensive guide, which provides a reference to the Android platform as well as a look at developing your first Android application. You'll explore the top 10 features for developers as well as learn design and development tips that go beyond the phone and target tablet development as well.
First new number change for SUSE's flagship Linux since 2009
After 10 years, Ubuntu is still going strong.
Security, networking and minimal Linux distros advance
Fifth Linux Kernel of 2014 released
Fedora's next step now in alpha
RHEL 5.11 marks the final minor release of RHEL 5.x, but the platform isn't quite done (yet)
There is saying that used to be commonly attributed to when Debian Linux distributions would be released. That saying is - "it's done, when it's done."
Updates abound in community Linux distributions
Time to update some community favorites
Happy Birthday to the World's favorite, supercomputer, server, mobile and (maybe) desktop operating system
First Linux 3.17 release is now out, though don't expect much kernel work to get done this week as many key developers will be in Chicago.
- 1Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
- 2Linux Top 3: Linus Lashes out, Linux 3.14 Gets PIE and Ubuntu One is Done.
- 3Linux Top 3: Ubuntu 14.04, Debian Gives Squeeze More Life and Red Hat Goes Atomic
- 4Linux Top 3: CoreOS, Oracle Enterprise Linux 7 and Ubuntu 14.10
- 5Linux Top 3: Debian Gives Up on Upstart, Ubuntu and Linux Kernel Updates