Linux Top 3: GNOME 3.12 and New Betas for Ubuntu 14.04 and OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0
1) GNOME 3.12
GNOME 3.12 was officially released on March 26 providing users with improvement across nearly all areas of the desktop.
2) Ubuntu 14.04 Beta 2
The final beta for the upcoming Ubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr release debut on March 27. Given the timing of the release, Ubuntu 14.04 does not include GNOME 3.12
"Codenamed "Trusty Tahr", 14.04 LTS continues Ubuntu's proud tradition of integrating the latest and greatest open source technologies into a high-quality, easy-to-use Linux distribution," Ubuntu developer Adam Conrad wrote in the release announcement. "The team has been hard at work through this cycle, introducing new features and fixing bugs."
The final release for Ubuntu 14.04 is currently set for April 17
3) OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 Beta
The first and only beta for OpenMandriva Lx 2014.0 debutedlast week.
"We’ve been mainly focusing on fixing the most crucial bugs for this release," OpenMandriva developer Kate Lebedeff wrote. " That includes fixing some of the booting issues that people have been having, as well as updating some of the software.
Sean Michael Kerner is a senior editor at LinuxPlanet and InternetNews.com. Follow him on Twitter @TechJournalist
- 1Linux Top 3: Fedora 24, Peppermint 7 and Solus 1.2
- 2Linux Top 3: Alpine Linux 3.4, deepin 15.2 and Linux Lite 3.0
- 3Linux 4.7 Set to Boost Live Patching, Security and Power Management
- 4Linux 4.6 Charred Weasel adds USB 3.1 Support
- 5Linux Top 3: OpenIndiana 2016.04, Ubuntu 16.04 and Debian's New Leader